Tuesday 17 December 2013

Tuesday In India: How Coke Connected India With Pakistan Just For A Moment


India and Pakistan.

I could write a book on their relationship and stories I've heard during my residence there.

It's pretty tensed, in short.

That's why when I was visiting India in March 2013, I was filled with contentment to hear a few stories on Coca Cola's initiative to break down the barrier and unite two nations just for a moment of fun, joy and closeness.

The key of this campaign, created by Leo Burnett Chicago and Sydney, was to engage Indian and Pakistani people in mutual light tasks such as touching hands, drawing peace, love, and happiness symbols, dancing - all done together, connected through a Coke machine.

Of course it didn't change the world but it made the day brighter for quite a few people.

Thumbs up!?



P.S. When you’re done reading, I’d love for you to share your best memory about Coke? Because I believe we all have one. Leave a comment or Tweet me, let's chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment